Rock Climbing Development Instructor
The Rock Climbing Development Instructor qualification is for experienced instructors wishing to develop a participant’s rock climbing proficiency. This development may extend to lead climbing.
It builds on the skills acquired in the Rock Climbing Instructor qualification, which candidates must hold as one of the prerequisites.
Registration for the Rock Climbing Development Instructor scheme is an application process and you need to meet the following prerequisites:
- You must be a qualified Rock Climbing Instructor.
- You must have delivered a minimum of 20 days as a Rock Climbing Instructor at a variety of venues and with a variety of groups, recorded in DLOG.
- You must have led a minimum of 60 named single pitch routes using leader placed protection in three different climbing areas at VS 4c or above and logged them in DLOG. You may include full multi-pitch routes using leader placed protection (up to 50% of the requirement).
- You must have led a minimum of 60 sport climbs in three different climbing areas at 6a or above and logged them in DLOG. Up to 50% of this experience can be outside the UK and Ireland.
If you can meet all of the above requirements, here’s what to do next:
- Log in to your MTBI or CMS Login
- Register for the Rock Climbing Development Instructor scheme (this costs €67)
- Notify Mountain Training (via the ‘Send to Mountain Training’ button on the ‘Share’ tab in DLOG) or permissions tab in your MI DLOG that your DLOG is ready to be reviewed.
You will be unable to book onto a training course unless your registration has been approved by Mountain Training.
The Rock Climbing Development Instructor training is a four day training course and costs £400.
Dates: 5th – 8th June
Contact Jonny for more info or booking eligibility.
There are no reviews yet.