It aims to introduce you to the variety of skills needed to operate on snow, ice and mixed routes whilst seconding a variety of winter climbs. These courses are run at a maximum 1:2 instructor client ratio, giving you a highly tailored experience whilst allowing us to spend as much time climbing as possible.
Course content will vary depending on participants experience and the prevailing weather conditions, however the main topics to be covered are likely to include:
- Avalanche Awareness
- Personal movement with and without crampons and axe
- Approaching winter climbs
- Route selection and the use of guide books
- The use of technical tools on a variety of terrain
- Simple rope work
- Winter belays
- Navigation and descending from winter climbs
- Personal abseiling and escaping from winter climbs
A good level of fitness is essential to make the most of this course. Previous winter walking and summer rock climbing experience would be beneficial but not compulsory.
24th-28th February 2020
£800 including accommodation for the duration of the course.
For more information and booking contact Jonny Parr Climbing.